What is a rain gauge? As it refers to your Professional Pizza recipe? Doesn't make sense to me. Something lost in the translation? 



  • Hi Joseph,

    rain gauge or rain meter is just what it sounds like, a tool to measure the amount of rainfaill over a period of time.

    When baking professionals likes to keep track of how much the dough has risen and a rain meter makes it a lot easier to determine when the dough has "doubled in size" as one can read in many recipes. This allows for an easier way to get the same results every time you bake the same recipe.

    Here's an example of a classic swedish rain meter: 

    Johan Customer Service

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.