I am a doctor educated outside of EU/EEA, can I work as a doctor in Sweden?

In order to practice medicine in Sweden you need to have a Swedish medical license. If you already have a license to practice from your country of residence you can have it validated in Sweden. You also need to have at least level C1 in the Swedish language before you can work in Sweden.

The Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen), will assess your academic and clinical background. All doctors educated outside the EU/EEA, regardless of whether they are specialists or not, must pass a proficiency test in medicine in order to obtain a Swedish medical license.

Information for doctors educated outside EU/EES

(Uppdaterad )
Inlägget är stängt för ytterligare kommentarer.