To latest comment
The comment you are looking for have either been moved to a new discussion or been deleted.

I'm sick, what happens now? Can I receive a refund?

Can I get my money back if I fall sick or a close relative has died? Do I need a medical certificate or death certificate?


  • In the event of sickness or death, a 100% refund will be paid on presentation of a verified certificate.

    Valid medical certificate: In the event of a medical emergency, a medical certificate signed by the doctor and verified with the doctor's name, telephone number and official stamp must be presented. If the doctor does not possess a stamp, a copy of his/her medical authorisation must be included. The certificate shall contain the date and a diagnosis that confirm the customer, due to a medical emergency, could not travel the day on which the ticket was valid.

    Death certificate or other verification from a priest or firm of undertakers. Tickets may be refunded in the event of the death of the traveller or his/her close relatives.

    The refund also includes any other traveller, provided they are included in the same ticket order.

    We accept certificates at Swedish or English only.

    Refunds can only be made if the tickets are cancelled before the departure time. Cancellations can be made at, under My Journey tab, or by calling +46 771-75 75 75.

    You can request a refund by sending an email to: Attach the certificate, state your ticket number and personal information for fast processing.

    You can also send the certificate, your ticket number, your email address and your postal address to the address below:

    SJ AB Kundtjänst
    Box 1028
    831 29 Östersund, Sweden
    Write "Medical Certificate" or "Death Certificate" on the envelope.

    Annica SJ Customer Service
The post is closed to further comments.