How does the income insurance work?

The Complementary income insurance is included in all memberships and provides you with extra financial security if you were to become unemployed.  In order to get compensated from the insurance you also have to be a member in akademikernas a-kassa. If you are not already a member you can join them here:

The insurance gives you a maximum of 80 percent of your previous income for a 120 day-period and is a complement to the compensation you get from Akademikernas a-kassa. (your Unemployment Fund)

There is also a Supplementary Insurance if you want to extend the time of compensation that you can sign up for. The premium for the Supplementary Insurance depends on your income and is not included in the membership fee to DIK. If you want to sign up for the Supplementary Insurance you can read more about them here:

When you register at The Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen) and Akademikernas a-kassa you will get you get an application form within a few days.
If you have any other questions regarding your income insurance, we encourage you to contact Saco Folksam Försäkringar directly. Either visit their website: or send them an email at

Kommentera eller skriv ett nytt inlägg

Ditt namn och inlägg kan ses av alla. Din e-post visas aldrig publikt.